Pre-Kindergarten Assistant Teacher
The hours for this position vary based on the needs of the center.
- An associate's degree from an accredited college or university in early childhood education, child development, special education, elementary education or the human services field and 2 years of experience with children.
- An associate's degree from an accredited college or university, including 30 credit hours in early childhood education, child development, special education, elementary education or the human services field and 3 years of experience with children.
- Must have a Private Academic School Assistant Teaching issued by the Pennsylvania Department of Education’s Board of Private Academic Schools.
- Key Responsibilities:
- To offer a program that meets the emotional, physical, intellectual and social needs of both the individual and the group.
- To interact with the children and to encourage their involvement in activities.
- To prepare a warm and safe environment that is orderly, clean and appealing and permits the child to grow and explore.
- To plan with the assistant teacher, weekly lesson plans based on a curriculum outline, and to provide aides with the opportunity to have input into the program.
- To establish and maintain excellent communication with parents through parent conferences twice a year and as needed, and on a daily informal basis.
- To observe, record and report significant individual and group behavior.
- To use appropriate and positive discipline and to train aides so that discipline is consistent.
- To maintain all records and files.
- To keep the Director informed of program goals and developments both with children and parents.
- To attend monthly staff meetings and informal lunch time gatherings.
- To inventory supplies and equipment needed for the program and fill out appropriate forms requesting such items.
- Reporting Relationships:
- Reports to the Director on any staff matters.
- Reports to the Director on matters that relate to the children, parents, program or anything center related.
- Limits of Authority:
- May take action without informing: Assign Aide responsibilities within the program; change a scheduled daily activity; change room arrangement; discipline a child (to be in line with discipline policy); discuss child's activity with parents.
- May take action but must inform Director: Informing parents about a sick child; change curriculum for program; leave the building with children.
- Must have prior permission to: Transfer a child to another class; remove a staff person; order new equipment; release child to unauthorized person; take time off; referring parents to outside resources.
- A degree in Early Childhood Education or related field. (An Associate's Degree and two years of experience may be substituted for this.)
- Ability to relate joyfully and sensitively to children.
- Evidence of emotional maturity and stability.
- Evidence of sufficient security and judgment to handle crisis situations and to use supervision constructively.
- Physical Stamina
- Ability to recognize and to record significant individual and group behavior.
- Ability to supervise aides and other personnel.
- Must Provide the following documents prior to commencing employment:
- Health Assessment/ TB Test
- PA DHS Child Abuse Clearance
- PA State Police Clearance
- FBI Fingerprint Clearance
- Proof of Education/ copy of diploma/copy of transcripts
- Two Reference letters
- Mandated Reporter Online training
- Time Commitment:
40-45 Hours per week
- Equal Opportunity Employer
Creative Kids Club is an equal opportunity early childhood education center and private academic school. Admissions, provision of services, and referrals of clients shall be made without regard to race, color, religious creed, disability, ancestry, national origin, age, or sex.